Marking Gauges

This woodworking tool marks outlines when cutting or scribing a line parallel to a straight edge. Made from hardened steel, they can scribe tenons, dovetail shoulder lines and mark out a rabbet. They are sometimes called a cutting gauge.

What Is a Marking Gauge?

Marking gauges look like a slide ruler and come with a fixed pin called a spur. Several marking gauges are available, including a mortice gauge with two pins for scribing mortise and tenon joints before cutting. You’ll find an excellent selection of marking gauges at Toolstation from leading brands. Our range includes marking gauges and mortice gauges made from beechwood with hardened spurs, ideal for professional carpenters, woodworkers and other trades.
                                Draper Draper Draper Marking Gauge  - 46558 - from Toolstation ( 50 )
                                Draper Expert Draper Expert Draper Expert Mortice Gauge  - 85922 - from Toolstation ( 18 )

                                Hey, browse our site often?

                                ADD TO HOME SCREEN