Buying From Us
Whatever you need, whenever you need it! At Toolstation, there are lots of ways to shop with us.
Ordering online is the quickest and easiest way to shop with Toolstation. Use our website or app to find the most up-to-date stock levels or to place your orders 24/7. It couldn’t be easier.
- Homepage: Click on the Toolstation logo at the top to return to the homepage.
- Navigation: Use the search bar to find items by description, item number or keyword. Or, you can use the 'Departments' dropdown to browse.
- Adding to Trolley: Choose between store collection or home delivery to add items. Adjust quantity with +/- buttons.
Quickshop: If you know already know your product codes, go to the Trolley and use the 'Quick Add' field.
- Stock Availability: Check stock by selecting the delivery option or the store of your choice. The number of available products will be displayed.
Trolley: Check stock for delivery or local store availability. Once your Trolley is complete, proceed to checkout. Promo codes can be applied here.
Checkout: Sign in or register to continue. Choose your delivery address and service, or opt for Click & Collect.
Payment: Secure payment options include most credit/debit cards and Paypal. For more info, check out our Payment page.
- Order Confirmation: After successful payment, you'll receive an order confirmation with a unique reference number, both on-screen and via email.
Quick Trolley Codes: If you're not ready to order, get a 'Quick Trolley Code' to save your Trolley for later. This code can be used in-store or over the phone.
Ordering In Store
Need something urgently? Pop into one of our 550+ stores nationwide and pick up what you need instantly. You can make the in-store shopping process even faster by using our website or app to check stock and place a Click & Collect order before you visit.
Choose Products: Pick up a catalogue in-store or use the browser stations. Note down the 5-digit part numbers on the order form.
At the Counter: Provide your order details to a team member. If some items exceed stock levels, you can order them for next business day delivery by 6pm or choose to collect them after 3pm.
Payment: Cash and most credit/debit cards are accepted. An invoice will be provided upon completion of the order.
Click & Collect: Browse our website or app to check stock before visiting. If items are available, proceed to checkout, select 'Customer Collection', choose your store, and wait for the green confirmation message. Confirm your order and collect from the store in as little as 5 minutes. If items aren't available for same-day collection, place a separate order before specific cut-off times to collect the next business day after 3pm.
Ordering Over The Phone
Prefer to speak to someone on the phone? Give us a call – one of our helpful advisors can run through order, delivery and payment options with you. If you know which items you want, remember to make a note of the 5-digit product codes to speed up the process.
- Selection: Browse the catalogue, website or app and note the 5-digit part numbers of the products you wish to order.
- Call Us: Provide your order details to a team member, who will confirm your delivery or collection options.
- Payment: Most credit/debit cards are accepted, and transactions are securely processed.
Click & Check: Before calling, you can browse our website or app to check stock for each item. Use the 'Quick Trolley' button on the Trolley page and note your code. Provide this code during your call to avoid listing out individual part numbers.
Contact: Call our customer services team at 0330 333 3303, open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Sunday.
Items Delivered Direct From Our Suppliers
To give you even more choice, we also list thousands of items that are delivered directly from our suppliers. These will be clearly marked on our website product pages, along with estimated delivery times.
- Order Placement: Direct ship orders can be made online, over the phone or in-store for delivery to your chosen address. Store collection is not available for these items.
- Delivery Times: Delivery times will vary, depending on the item and supplier. Check the individual product pages for an up-to-date timeframe. Saturday delivery is not available for Direct Ship items.
- Offshore Restrictions: Due to transport regulations, some products can't be delivered to offshore locations. These items are listed as ‘Unavailable Offshore’ within the product page’s Technical Specifications.
Got a query about a recent or current order? Our team of advisors are here to help – get in touch and we’ll do our best to sort it as quickly as possible.
Refund & Exchange Policy: We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on almost all items. Please check our Returns page for full details.
- Disputes: In the unlikely event of a dispute, you can access the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution Portal.
- Age Restrictions: Some items have age restrictions in place and are marked as 18+ on the product page. Proof of age may be required before dispatching an order.
- Product Substitution: Occasionally, products might be substituted with alternatives of equal or higher quality, which may differ from their catalogue image.
- Pricing: All prices are inclusive of VAT.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I shop at Toolstation?
You can shop online, in-store, or over the phone.
What is the 'Quick Trolley Code'?
If you're not ready to order online, you can get a 'Quick Trolley Code' to save your items for later. This code can be used in-store or over the phone.
What are items delivered directly from suppliers?
Toolstation lists items that are delivered directly from our suppliers. These items are marked on our website product pages with estimated delivery times. Click & Collect is not available for these items.
What is Toolstation's refund and exchange policy?
Are there age restrictions on any products?
Some items are marked as 18+ on the product page. Proof of age may be required before dispatching an order.