By Makita Product code: 42125 Pack size: Each
At some point most tradespeople and many DIY-ers will need an angle grinder. The Makita Brushless X-Lock Angle Grinder is a powerful yet easy-to-use option. It is useful for cutting, polishing or grinding a wide range of materials, from metal to ceramic tiles.
This model is a cordless version and has a brushless motor for greater efficiency. Makita’s X-lock mechanism makes it easy to install or remove discs in a single move without the need for a special tool. There’s a side handle that can be fitted to suit left or right-handed users, and the product also has several built-in safety features that are essential for a tool with high-speed rotating parts.
Active feedback sensing technology automatically shuts down the grinder if the speed suddenly changes – for example, if there is an obstruction in the material you’re working with. An anti-restart function means it won’t start unexpectedly after you’ve changed the battery or grinding wheel – keeping you safe. It also benefits from automatic torque drive, which changes the cutting speed according to the task, giving optimum operation no matter what the material.
• Bore Diameter 22.23 mm
• Max Wheel Thickness 6 mm
• Max Wheel Diameter 125 mm
• No Load Speed 3,000 - 8,500 rpm
• Noise sound pressure 80 dB(A)
• Noise K factor 3 dB(A)
• Vibration K factor 1.5 m/sec²
• Vibration: Surface Grinding 5.5 m/sec²
• Net weight 2.5- 3.1 kg
• X-LOCK mechanism: install/remove X-LOCK wheels with just a single action without tool
• X-LOCK wheel can be easily removed simply by pulling up the lever
• New toolless wheel cover: for fast and easy adjustment / installation and removal
• Automatic Torque Drive Technology: Automatically changes the cutting speed according to load condition for optimum operation
• Active Feedback Sensing Technology (AFT): Shuts down the tool if the rotation speed suddenly slows down
• Brushless motor
• Variable speed control dial
• Anti-restart function
• Electric brake
• Safety Paddle Switch
• Ergonomic soft grip
• Removable dust covers
• Soft start
• Equipped with Battery protection circuit: designed to protect the battery from damages due to over discharge, high temperature or overload current
|Power Source / Cordless||Cordless|
|Bore Size (mm)||22.23|
|Batteries Included||Body Only|
|Corded or Cordless||Cordless|
|Brushed or Brushless||Brushless|
DELIVERY OPTIONS (UK mainland only)
Next Day Delivery – £5.00 or FREE for orders over £25
Our opening times are 7am-8pm Monday-Friday, 7am-6pm Saturday and 9-4pm Sunday. Please check your local store is open on the store locator page, before you visit.
Once you have placed your order online, we’ll have it ready for you at the store you have selected in as little as 5 minutes. We will hold your order for 14 days, after which we will automatically generate a refund to the payment type you used to place the order.
Don’t forget your mobile number – Make sure your mobile number is added so that we can text you when your order is ready to collect. Please wait for your text or email before coming to collect your items.
If an item is eligible for Next Business Day Collection in store, the order must be placed by 7pm Monday to Thursday for collection the next day. Orders placed after 7pm on Thursday, and up to 5pm on Sunday, will be available for collection on Monday. For larger items over 30kg, please allow two business days.
Hey, browse our site often?ADD TO HOME SCREEN