Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Under the WEEE Regulations, Toolstation is classified as a distributor and we are obliged to provide the following information:
- The "crossed out wheelie bin" symbol on electrical and electronic equipment indicates that it is classified as WEEE, meaning that when it is no longer usable it should not be treated as normal household waste.
- The WEEE Regulations aim to minimise the amount of WEEE householders throw out with their general rubbish. By keeping WEEE separate from other waste it can be treated, the hazardous substances can be removed and a large amount of waste can be recycled rather than sent to landfill.
- We offer to take back any waste WEEE product when you are purchasing an equivalent item from any Toolstation branch.
- If you are not within reach of a Toolstation branch, we can arrange collection of your waste item when you are purchasing an equivalent product. Please telephone our Contact Centre on 0808 100 7211 for details.
- The wheelie bin symbol can also be seen on portable batteries and these too (but not lead/acid batteries) can be returned to Toolstation for recycling. There is a battery collection box at every Toolstation branch. Toolstation Producer Number BPRN00521.
- Further information about the WEEE Regulations and the benefits of recycling can be found