Portable hand operated honing system. Get razor fine edges every time. Machined in solid aluminium and anodised.
Fast Track diamond sharpening and honing system for accurate and repeatable sharpening of chisels and plane irons that achieves consistent 25 or 30° angles every time. Supplied with high quality 220 and 450 grit monocrystalline diamond stones, with a distinctive diamond cross relief pattern to reduce clogging. Features dovetail sliding carriage for easy operation, and can be used left or right handed with chisels and plane irons from 3mm to 64mm wide.
• Monocrystalline diamonds
• 220 and 450 grit stones
• Consistent 25 or 30° angles every time
• Left and right hand friendly
• Interchangeable stones
|Brand ||Trend |
|Material ||Aluminium |
|Manufacture ID ||FTS/KIT |
|Video ||click here |
Please note items delivered by our suppliers are not available for the options above.
Delivery times may vary.
More about Delivery & Returns
Click & Collect details
If you are using our Click & Collect service please note the following:
- Order online or over the phone and collect in branch from 5 minutes later.
- Ensure you check stock is available for collection at your chosen branch.
- Check branch opening hours to ensure you have sufficient time to collect.
- For items not available for same day collection, place order before 9pm Mon-Fri (4pm Sun) and you can collect Next Business Day (Mon-Fri) after 3pm.
- If we have your mobile number, we’ll send you a text when your order is ready to collect.
Trend Fast Track Sharpener Kit is rated
Rated 4 out of
Keen with Care
Bought this to keep a keen edge on chisel and planer blades.
My bad that I hadn't really maintained them for ages so I had purchased the coarse grit as well. It does work really well. It will be great especially if your blades have been kept in reasonable shape or are new you will then be able to keep the ground and sharpening angle spot on and have a really sharp edge.
In my case even with the coarse grit it took a long while to get the ground and cutting angles back to true on some of the blades but once done they were great. I did find that due to the play between the base and top I had to perfect my technique as otherwise the edge could take on a very slight curve and I mean hardly noticeable. I use cutting fluid as this make a better job.
It would be even better if the unit was longer and a better tolerance between the 2 halves. In conclusion it is a good kit and used regularly will give you could keen edges.
Date published: 2020-01-15