Fuel efficient yet powerful hedge trimmer with a 26cc engine, 51cm cutting length with laser cut blades
• 2 stroke, air cooled petrol engine
• 0.46 litre capacity fuel tank
• 27mm cutting capacity
• Ergonomic swivel handle
• Innovative recoil-starter for easy start
2 stroke oil required 36225
|Power Source / Cordless
Please note items delivered by our suppliers are not available for the options above.
Delivery times may vary.
More about Delivery & Returns
Click & Collect details
If you are using our Click & Collect service please note the following:
- Order online or over the phone and collect in branch from 5 minutes later.
- Ensure you check stock is available for collection at your chosen branch.
- Check branch opening hours to ensure you have sufficient time to collect.
- For items not available for same day collection, place order before 8pm Mon-Sat (4pm Sun) and you can collect Next Business Day (Mon-Fri) after 3pm.
- If we have your mobile number, we’ll send you a text when your order is ready to collect.
Stanley 26cc 51cm Petrol Hedge Trimmer SHT-26-550 is rated
Rated 3 out of
A handy back up for a trade gardener
After using STIHL trimmers for years, I decided to give this one a try so this review will be in comparison with the STIHL tools. Please note: This is just a first impression review so please do your own research! Good points are: It's lighter and very comfortable grip to use. It appears very fuel efficient, and the recoil is, as they say, quite innovative. It has a starting mechanism that pulls back itself after you pull it.
For large conifer hedges I would not trust cutting through thicker (1/2 inch) shoots
as the blades seem thinner in comparison. It's cuts cleanly into lush growth, and keeps well maintained hedges in good order.
Tick-over is satisfactory but the engine does get hot then can take a quite a few goes restarting up again. Not sure its this is a teething problem. The engine is a fraction quieter in comparison.
Overall, I'd probably recommend STIHL for heavier use, STANLEY more for domestic. Finally, I've tried to be as positive as possible about this classic tool brand and now after its first trial run I'm relatively happy with it so far.
Date published: 2019-09-01
Rated 5 out of
great piece of kit flew through my hedge
Date published: 2019-08-18
Rated 5 out of
Stevie boy wonder
All good so far. Time will tell
Date published: 2018-02-09