• Power input: 1250W
• Surface planing table size: 900 x 263mm
• 254mm maximum surface planing width
• 204 x 120mm maximum planing thickness
• Planing fence adjustment: 0-45º
• Cutter block speed: 9000rpm
Supplied with 2 x HSS planing knives, deluxe ally planning fence, plastic safety extraction hood and rise and fall handle.
The Scheppach HMS2000 is a combination planer thicknesser designed for the home woodworker with limited workshop space. Both compact and portable allows you to take the tool to wear the work is. It's solid construction makes it stable in use, whilst the razor sharp blades will give planed surfaces on both soft and hard woods.
Please note items delivered by our suppliers are not available for the options above.
Delivery times may vary.
More about Delivery & Returns
Click & Collect details
If you are using our Click & Collect service please note the following:
- Order online or over the phone and collect in branch from 10 minutes later.
- Ensure you check stock is available for collection at your chosen branch.
- Check branch opening hours to ensure you have sufficient time to collect.
- For items not available for same day collection, place order before 8pm Mon-Sat (4pm Sun) and you can collect Next Business Day (Mon-Fri) after 3pm.
- If we have your mobile number, we’ll send you a text when your order is ready to collect.
Scheppach HMS2000 1250W 204mm Planer Thicknesser 240V is rated
Rated 4 out of
Good piece of kit for thicknessing and jointing.
This will handle any jobs I have planned for it.
The build quality is okay. I don't think it would be good in a commercial environment. Ideal for hobby/DIYer.
The extractor adapter is a pain and badly thought out. Attaches underneath for using as jointer planer but if you then want to use the thicknesser, you have to remove the fence of the joineter to attach the extractor on top. Unless the extractor is connected the the machine won't work, as it has a micro switch inside one of the bed slots.
I got round this by removing one of the extractor locating tabs and plugging it straight into the micro switch slot on the bed. The machine can then be used in both modes without a lot of faffing about with the extractor removal/fitting etc. You loose the extraction element but a few chips hoover up easily enough. For me anyway.
Date published: 2018-11-09
Rated 4 out of
On a scheppach planer
I bought this earlier this month. The assembly was very straight forward from opening to getting to work about 10 minutes. Very sturdy construction. All the adjustments are easy to move and accurate. Only down side to change from planner to thicknesser the fence has to be removed for the safety cover/extraction assembly to be fitted in place. But all in all I'm very happy with my new toy.
Date published: 2018-07-20