18th May 2017
Toolstation, the brand that brings low prices on everyday trade supplies, has been named Which? Retailer of the Year 2017, the second year running it has collected the top prize.
The highly sought-after Which? Awards recognise the brands that go the furthest to satisfy their customers. Brands cannot nominate themselves the awards are completely independent. Which? use assessments, lab tests and customer feedback from their surveys to find the businesses that excel throughout the year to shortlist and the winners are selected from this list by a team of retail experts.
Toolstation, which has 270 branches across the UK, impressed by having the joint-highest customer score in the recent Which? High Street Shops Survey and topping the DIY category in the Online Retailer survey earlier in the year. It was recognised for keeping high standards even with rapid expansion during the year. Customer service of staff and great prices were particular points of praise. The brand beat John Lewis, Richer Sounds, All Beauty and Apple to win.
Speaking on the announcement of the results, John Meaden, marketing director at Toolstation said:
“We’re very proud to have been named Which? Retailer of the Year for the second year running. It’s an incredible achievement and thanks must go to all of our staff and customers for helping us to achieve this. Our key focus is to provide our customers with a great shopping experience, along with low prices across our entire trade-quality range, and so this result confirms we’re consistently getting things right.
Matt Clear, Which? retail expert, said:
“Toolstation provides a superb shopping experience whether you’re in store or online. Customers love its keen prices and wide range of high-quality products.”
Building on the endorsement, Which? wrote that: “The customer service that its staff provide is regularly praised and the company received a five-star rating for its in-store prices.”
The announcement comes just days after Toolstation claimed joint-top spot in the Which? High Street Shops Survey, which scores customer satisfaction and likelihood to recommend.
For one happy Toolstation customer quoted in the survey, the appeal is simple: “It has very good prices on exactly the same items that cost a lot more at other retailers.”
Another said: “You can look in its catalogue and get what you need. It’s easy to shop in, and the staff are knowledgeable.”
Toolstation branches offer a large range of trade-quality products that includes all the essentials such as plumbing, electrical, tools, screws, sealants and adhesives as well as leading branded products such as Makita, Stanley, Milwaukee and Dulux Trade Paints. Products are also available to purchase online and Click & Collect in branch via www.toolstation.com.
About the Which? Awards
• The Which? Awards took place at a ceremony in London on Wednesday 17 May 2017.
• The Which? Awards recognises businesses that have achieved positive change and deliver excellent products and services that score highly in our research and testing.
• Which? celebrates businesses across a wide range of sectors from retailers and banks to home appliances and local businesses.
• The Which? Awards are completely independent and businesses cannot put themselves forward to win an award.
• We are one of the UK’s fastest growing suppliers to the trade. Builders, plumbers, electricians, painters and decorators and all those trades in between – rely on our stock availability and every day low prices on over 11,000 products selected for them.
• We pride ourselves on making our customers’ work easier by making sure they can get the right product for the job just when they need it.
• First established in 2003, we have over 270 stores across the UK, that are open 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm (Sundays 9am – 4pm). For our customers convenience we offer Click & Collect or a next business day delivery service on orders up to 8pm Mon – Thurs, with free delivery on orders over £10 via our website or through our dedicated UK call centre.
• Our quick and friendly customer service is award winning. Thanks to our customer satisfaction ratings we have been named Retailer of the Year in both 2016 and 2017 in the annual Which? awards, as well as best Online Retailer in the DIY & Decorating category for five years running, and best High Street Retailer both in the DIY category and overall for 2016 and 2017.
• Our Head office is based at Express Park, Bridgwater, TA6 4RN
For media enquiries please contact Tribe Communications:
Gareth Jones: 07961 42308 | email@example.com
Rachel Griffiths: 07793 200888 | Rachel@tribecomms.com