Expert Quality, cast iron body with precision milled base and faces. Fully adjustable high carbon steel iron hardened, tempered, and fully ground. Plastic handle and guidance knob for user comfort.
|Brand ||Draper |
|Material ||Brass |
|Manufacture ID ||508824 |
- Free Next Business Day delivery for orders over £25 to home and site is available for orders placed before 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday delivery is now available for orders placed before 4pm on Friday for Saturday delivery and 4pm Saturday for Sunday delivery, see here for details
- Pre-12 delivery service is now available. Place your order before 6pm Mon – Fri for next business day delivery by 12pm. Orders placed after 6pm Friday and before 6pm Sunday will be delivered by 12pm Monday. UK mainland
- Once your order has been dispatched you will receive an invoice email with the courier details and your tracking number
- Alternatively go to MyAccount, click on your Order History, click on the TRACK icon to link through to the carrier website and the tracking details for your delivery
- Delivery direct from suppliers is now available and specific delivery times will be displayed on the product page
Please note items delivered by our suppliers are not available for the options above.
Delivery times may vary.
More about Delivery & Returns
Click & Collect details
Covid 19 Update
Click & Collect
- Branches are now fully open and operating safely in line with government guidelines
- Safe contactless collection is available 7 days a week at our branches
- Our branches are open 7am-8pm Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm Saturday and 9-4pm Sunday
- Keeping our colleagues and customers safe and well and respecting stringent social distancing requirements is our number one priority – 2 metre rule enforced
- Our available product range will not require more than 1 person to lift
- Please see our guide to click and collect below
- Please ensure that your mobile number is added so that we can text you when your order is ready to collect
Call & Collect
Due to current trading conditions we have suspended our Call & Collect service until further notice.
If you are using our Click & Collect service please note the following:
- Order online or over the phone and collect in branch from 5 minutes later.
- Ensure you check stock is available for collection at your chosen branch.
- Check branch opening hours to ensure you have sufficient time to collect.
- For items not available for same day collection, place order before 7pm Mon-Fri (4pm Sun) and you can collect Next Business Day (Mon-Fri) after 3pm.
- If we have your mobile number, we’ll send you a text when your order is ready to collect.
Hand Plane No.5 355mm Smoothing Plane is rated
Rated 3 out of
Another piece of Skrap
My first planer
My first planer, the build quality is good but with no instructions how to set it up was not helpful as a novice to woodwork.
Date published: 2020-08-08
Rated 1 out of
Too busy to review
The item No 5 plane is shown online as having wooden handles. When I unwrapped it yes you’ve guessed it plastic handles. Also had dots of rust on blade and sole plate. Had to use it on a job so I didn’t take it back. Not impressed with toolststion
Date published: 2020-06-22
Rated 2 out of
Requires a lot of work to set up
While the construction of this is fairly solid, I've spent quite a while trying to get this plane to work right. The sole was not flat at all and required a lot of sanding getting it level. The cam in the lever cap was mis-manufactured such that it was actually looser with the lever down than up and I had to take a hacksaw and file to it in order to get it to function properly. The blade wasn't particularly sharp out of the box, although that wasn't expected, but the edge wasn't machined straight - not the end of the world but something I'll need to fix.
The chip breaker still needs some work as it doesn't sit flat on the blade and so gets gummed up easily.
I'm sure eventually I'll be able to get this working well (hence 2 stars instead of 1) but I wish I'd spent my money on a different jack plane as this thing has been such hassle.
Date published: 2020-06-08
Rated 4 out of
Didn't want to spend a fortune as I only need it to shave a mil or two off of a couple of doors, for the money its surprisingly well mad with reasonable adjustment.
Date published: 2020-04-27
Rated 5 out of
Big Andy’s new tusk buster
I bought this for my friend Andrew to do his toe nails. Not up to the job. Had to use a hammer and chisel
Date published: 2020-03-28
Rated 2 out of
Very disapointed in this product. Other reviews state nice Rosewood handles? The handles on this item are plastic and are not wood. Makes the item feel cheap and tacky. The cheaper version would be ideal with the wooden handles. Wouldnt recommend this product. Will be writing to Draper but in the end Toolstation write the product description.
Date published: 2020-01-07
Rated 5 out of
Great value for money & good item
Date published: 2019-03-21
Rated 4 out of
Good Value - but Needs Work
Great value for the money - but you need to know what you are doing to set it up. The saddle which fits onto the brass depth adjuster was too wide and needed pinching in to make it a snug fit - otherwise it slipped off when turning the knob.
The biggest disappointment was the edge of the cap iron where it sits against the edge of the blade iron was poorly finished and meant that it was impossible to get a shaving without the point of contact between the two getting jammed with sawdust. The very leading edge of the cap iron needs to make contact with the blade and there should be no gap at all. I needed to carefully hone this to put it right. It tool me 2 hours in all, including putting a proper edge on the iron. The sole was flat enough and all in all I am pleased with this product, particularly at this price.
Date published: 2019-02-21